David Cheng earned his DDS degree in 1987 from University of Western Ontario. David has a long-standing passion for dentistry that has grown over the last 30 years. His nearly 35 years of clinical experience combined with an extensive CE education has given him an invaluable insight in looking at the overall wellness of the oral health of his patients. He focuses not only on how to put the teeth together, but more importantly, how to do so while reducing the risk to the patient, as well as the prosthesis.
David has been serving as a mentor at the Kois Center in Seattle, Washington for the last 10 years. He also created his own non-corporate sponsored website to educate the public on various dental topics based on the current literature which can be found at https://drchengs.com/. In addition to his written work, you can also find dental educational videos he has published in his Youtube channel: drchengs. David can be reached at [email protected].
Mentor at the Kois Center to facilitate the learning for the dentists coming to the program.
Memberships in British Columbia and Ontario:
- Ontario Dental Association since 1987.
- Toronto Crown and Bridge Study Club since 1992.
- Academy of General Dentistry since 1992.
- Founding and executive member of the Toronto Kois Study Club.
- Toronto Central Dental Society.
- FORCE orthodontic study club. 1992-1996.
- British Columbia Dental Association.
Published articles in the Ontario Dental Association Journal 2022
- Management of Hard and Soft Tissue in the Esthetic Zone in a Trauma Case. May 2022
- Minimally Invasive Dentistry to Enhance the Esthetic and Function in a Class III Skeletal Case
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@drdavidcheng
1987. University of Western Ontario BA, DDS.
- Misch Implant Institute
- Kois Center
- Fahl Center
1992-1993 FORCE Comprehensive Orthodontics. Toronto. Dr. Richard Litt
1993-1996 LD Pankey Institute (Continuum Level 1-4). Key BIscayne, Florida
1995-1996 Piper Education Research Center. St. Petersburg, Florida.
- TMJ Diagnosis and Management (Level I-III)
- Doppler, MRI interpretation
- Piper Classification
1995 Dawson Center. St. Petersburg, Florida. Dr. Peter Dawson
1994 Comprehensive Esthetic Continuum, University of Buffalo.
1998 Endodontics Warm Vertical Condensation. Herbert Schilder. Boston University.
2001 Hands On: Non-surgical Endodontics. Stephen Bucchan. University of Detroit.
2002-2005 Misch Implant Institute. Toronto and Detroit.
- Implant Surgical.
- Implant Prosthetic.
- Hard and Soft Tissue Grafting.
2006 Center for Advanced Dental Education. Dallas.
- Dr. Edward Allen.
- Oral Plastic Surgery.
- Soft Tissue Grafting.
2007 IV Sedation. University of Alberta.
2008-2009 Dr.Hom Lay Wang. University of MIchigan.
- Periodontal Mechanical Instrumentation and Surgery.
- Oral Plastic Surgery.
- Advanced Implant Surgery.
- Advanced Periodontal and Implant Surgery: A Hands-On
- Cadaver Course
2009-2022 Kois Center. Dr. John Kois.
- Advanced Treatment Planning.
- Advanced Functional Occlusion.
- Perio Esthetic.
- Implant Fixed and Removable.
- Annual Symposium.
- Invisalign Level 1 and 2.
2011 Hands on Endodontics.
- Cliff Ruddle. University of Toronto.
2014-2016 Fahl Center. Curitiba, Brazil.
- Achieving Excellence with Composite Resins.
- Anterior Composite.
- Posterior Composite.
- Anterior Tooth Anatomy.
2017 Cerec I and level II training. Scottsdale.
2017 Improved Surgical Results with Platelet Concentrates: A
- Hands-On Program
- Dr. James Rutkowski
2017 Peri-Implantitis: Diagnosis, Prevention, and Treatment
- Dr. Daniele Cardaropoli
2018 Urban Regeneration Institute. Budapest, Hungary.
- Advanced Bone and Soft Tissue Regeneration Techniques
In Implant Therapy.
- Osseodensification: Optimize the Site – Optimize the Outcome
Dr. Salah Huwais
2020 Airway Collaborative:
- Surgically Facilitated Orthodontic Treatment(SFOT).
- Airway Mini Residency.
2021 Airway Collaborative:
- Understanding TMJ and Airway through CBCT Radiology.
- Bone-Borne maxillary development.
2021 Professional School of Behavioural Health Sciences.
- Diploma Breathing Behaviour Analyst.